Employment and jobs are limited on the coast, glad to see Margaritaville will be bringing more jobs to the Coast.
Key jobs are being advertised for Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino and Restaurant, which is under construction in East Biloxi, and casino officials hope to fill many of them with local talent.
The positions that are being reviewed and filled are directors of food and beverage, marketing, human relations, gaming operations and surveillance along with manager of information systems.
In November the casino will launch a web site and begin posting jobs for people to work in the casino and restaurant. (BiloxiCasinos.com will post the link once it is active)
Coast casino veteran Tom Brosig was named president and Sock was the former general manager of Grand Casino Biloxi. Others hired include:
– Huntley Biggs Jr., director of special projects, began his career at Grand Casino Gulfport.
– Leon Walker, logistics manager, was vice president of business development at Sock Enterprises.
– Heather Nowell, project administrator, has worked for years with local contractor W.G. Yates & Sons Construction
– Barbara Donald, director of finance, comes from Harrah’s New Orleans and previously was operations controller at Grand Casino Biloxi
– Kelli Bell, director of regulatory compliance, worked at Hard Rock Casino.